What is the best surfing beach in Costa Rica?
7 Best Surfing Spots in Costa Rica
- Tamarindo Beach | Guanacaste.
- Jaco Beach | Central Pacific Coast.
- Hermosa Beach | Central Pacific Coast.
- Dominical Beach | South Pacific Coast.
- Cabo Matapalo & Playa Pavones | Osa Peninsula.
- Salsa Brava & Playa Cocles | Puerto Viejo, Caribbean Coast.
- Take Costa Rica Surf Lessons.
Is Matapalo beach safe?
This is a very nice beach, but is not safe. You will get robbed by one of the locals that do this kind of activity to all the tourists that visit this beach.
Where is Matapalo beach Costa Rica?
province of Puntarenas
Playa Matapalo in Costa Rica is a tranquil beach community along the pacific coast, located in canton Quepos in the province of Puntarenas. It has a gorgeous stretched out sandy beach (no rocks) where you can walk on for miles and miles without seeing another soul.
Where can I surf Osa Peninsula?
- Surf Spots. Drake’s Bay has no surf, but there is a left point break 20 minutes away by boat (see the photo at the top).
- Cabo Matapalo. Matapalo has three breaks, this one is the furthest out on the tip of the Osa Peninsula.
- Matapalo – Backwash.
- Pan Dulce.
- Playa Zancudo.
Where do beginners surf in Costa Rica?
5 of the best beginner surf beaches in Costa Rica
- Playa Santa Teresa. Lush rainforests, golden sand and epic waves…
- Playa Avellanas. The type of waves that occupy ever surfer’s daydreams.
- Playa Guiones.
- Playa Hermosa.
- Playa Dominical.
How long is Matapalo beach?
Since there aren’t a lot of travelers who visit Matapalo, the beaches are pristine and the water is perfect for swimming. Other aquatic activities like diving are available here, as well as horseback riding down the brown-sand shoreline that stretches about two kilometers.
Where are the best beaches in Costa Rica?
15 BEST Beaches in Costa Rica
- Manuel Antonio Beach, Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste.
- Conchal Beach, Guanacaste.
- Dominical Beach, South Pacific.
- Costa Ballena (Whale Coast), South Pacific.
- Nacascolo Beach, Papagayo Peninsula.
- Montezuma Beach, Nicoya Peninsula.
How do you get to Playa Matapalo?
The nearest airport to Playa Matapalo is Quepos (XQP). However, there are better options for getting to Playa Matapalo. Transportes Delio Morales operates a bus from San José to Matapalo twice daily. Tickets cost $9 and the journey takes 3h 39m.
What is the best time of year to surf in Costa Rica?
The best time to surf in Costa Rica is the wet season that runs between May and November. That’s nothing to do with the rains, but rather to do with the oncoming SW swells. In fact, they’re the reason the whole Pacific coast here gets reliable sets of 4-foot+ and glassy conditions. Check it out…
Is there good surf in Costa Rica?
With over 300 gorgeous sandy beaches, year-round warm water, steady winds, and consistent swells, Costa Rica is a surfing mecca and one of the best places in the world to learn to surf. In Spanish, Costa Rica means “rich coast”.
What is the best time to surf in Costa Rica?
The wet or “rainy” season in Costa Rica is from May until mid-November. It’s during this season that the Pacific dishes out a healthy serving of northwest, south and southwest swells. Costa Rica loves a good SW swell making June, July, August, and September some of the biggest and most promising months.
How common are shark attacks in Costa Rica?
In the last 400 years, Costa Rica has only seen 12 shark attacks of which just six were fatal. The most recent attack was in 2011 in the Guanacaste region. Sharks attacking people in Costa Rica is an extremely rare occurrence.
Are sharks common in Costa Rica?
However, in Costa Rica, shark attacks are extremely uncommon. The Central American country is one of the safer territories of the world, as far as shark attacks are concerned. You’re more likely to see beach monkeys than you are tiger or bull sharks. And great whites hardly even venture down there.
What color is Matapalo?
The fur on its back is light brown, with individual hairs tricolored. Dorsal hairs are 6.3–7.5 mm (0.25–0.30 in) long. The face is striped and the fur on its belly is brownish, with individual hairs bicolored or unicolored, depending on the individual.