What is a content control tag?
Tags are used to uniquely identify content control data in your documents in conjunction with programs. Tags aren’t important if you’re just using content controls to structure your document so as to provide guidance for what to write where.
How do I label content control in Word?
Add and change Content Controls in Word
- Click File in Word.
- Scroll down to Options.
- Choose Customize Ribbon.
- Select the Developer box.
- Click OK.
- To add a Content control, click Rich Text Content Control box.
- Place the box at appropriate location, select Properties.
- Add General Information.
What are Word content controls?
Content controls are individual controls that you can add and customize for use in templates, forms, and documents. For example, many online forms are designed with a drop-down list control that provides a restricted set of choices for the user of the form.
How do I create a drop-down list for content control in Word?
Insert a combo box or a drop-down list
- Go to Developer > Combo Box Content Control or Drop-Down List Content Control .
- Select the content control, and then select Properties.
- To create a list of choices, select Add under Drop-Down List Properties.
- Type a choice in Display Name, such as Yes, No, or Maybe.
How do I restrict editing in Word?
Click File > Info > Protect Document and select Restrict Editing. Your document then displays a Restrict Editing pane on the right-hand side of the document for formatting and editing restrictions. Here, you can give people permission to read your document, select what parts they can edit, and choose how they do it.
How do I edit a Content Control drop-down list in Word?
Right-click the drop-down list in your document and select “Remove Content Control.” The list will now be removed. And that’s how you give people predefined options to select from in your Word documents!
How do I add a content control to a drop-down list in Word?
How do I edit content control drop-down in Word?
If you want to make any changes to the drop-down box, just select it while in Developer Mode and click “Properties” again. Select “Content control can’t be deleted” to ensure readers cannot delete the drop-down box or its options. Don’t select the “Contents cannot be edited” option.
How do I edit content control in Word?
Set or change the properties for content controls
- Select the content control, and click Properties in the Controls group.
- In the Content Control Properties dialog box, choose whether the content control can be deleted or edited when someone uses your template.
What is the difference between combobox and drop-down list content control?
A drop-down list is a list in which the selected item is always visible, and the others are visible on demand by clicking a drop-down button. A combo box is a combination of a standard list box or a drop-down list and an editable text box, thus allowing users to enter a value that isn’t in the list.
How do I Create a fillable field in Word?
Tech Tip: How to Create Fillable Forms in Microsoft Word
- Enable Developer Tab. Open Microsoft Word, then go to the File Tab > Options > Customize Ribbon > check the Developer Tab in the right column > Click OK.
- Insert a Control.
- Edit Filler Text.
- Design Mode button again to exit the mode.
- Customize Content Controls.
How do I protect a document from being edited?
Click Review > Restrict Editing. Under Editing restrictions, check Allow only this type of editing in the document, and make sure the list says No changes (Read only). Click Yes, Start Enforcing Protection.
How do I protect a document from accidental changes?
How to prevent unwanted edits by marking documents as final in Microsoft Office
- Open the Office document.
- Click on File.
- Click on Info.
- On the right side, click the Protect document menu.
- Select the Mark as Final option.
How do I edit a drop-down list?
Edit a drop-down list with items that have been entered manually
- On the worksheet where you applied the drop-down list, select a cell that has the drop-down list.
- Go to Data > Data Validation.
- On the Settings tab, click in the Source box, and then change your list items as needed.
How do I add items to a drop-down list in Word?
Add the Drop-Down Form Control
- Place your cursor in the document where you want to add the drop-down list.
- Go to the Developer tab and click the Drop-Down List Content Control button.
- You’ll see the control pop into your document as a box with “Choose an item.” inside. You can then move onto setting up the list.
How do I change the default text in content control in Word?
To customize the default instructional text for your template users, do the following:
- On the Developer tab, in the Controls group, click Design Mode.
- Click the content control where you want to revise the placeholder instructional text.
- Edit the placeholder text and format it any way you want.
How do I add a content control to a drop-down list?
What is combo box content control in Word?
A combo box is a text box with a list box attached. This type of control enables users to select a predefined value in a list or type their own value in the text box portion of the control. The list is hidden until the user clicks the arrow next to the box.
What are content controls in word?
Content controls are Microsoft Word entities that act as containers for specific content in a document. Individual content controls can contain content such as dates, lists, or paragraphs of formatted text. Content controls help you to create rich,
How to set the color of a content control in word?
In addition to enabling a different kind of display for a content control, Word 2013 also helps you to set the color for an individual content control. You set the color of a content control by using the Color button in the Content Control Properties dialog box.
How to edit or rich text content control in word?
Before proceeding with the steps to edit or Rich Text Content Control in Word, you’ll need to add the Developer tab to the Ribbon menu in Word. For this, click the File tab on the Ribbon menu and choose Options. When the Options window opens, navigate to Customize Ribbon.
What happens when the content control is set as start/end tag?
When the content control is set to show as Start/End tag, the tags are displayed regardless of user interaction, and the title never appears; but buttons, such as the Drop-Down List button, appear on mouse over. Figure 4. Content control set to show as start/end tags