What do you send an expecting mom on bed rest?
Bring her a Gift Make her a care package filled with healthy snacks, magazines, a favorite new book, a new pretty lipgloss, hand lotion. Give her a cute lounge outfit or pajamas.
What should I pack for hospital bed rest?
If you are headed to the hospital on bed rest, these are the 10 “must haves” for your hospital bag.
- Clothes. This was far and away the number one thing mamas said to bring.
- Chapstick/lip gloss.
- Shampoo, Bodywash.
- Body Pillow.
- Craft items.
How do I help my mom on bedrest?
Ten ways to help a friend on hospital bed rest or in the NICU
- Roll out the red carpet.
- Deliver a Bed Rest Basket™ or NICU Napsack™.
- Set up a meal delivery.
- Decorate her new home.
- No unannounced visitors.
- Become your friend’s personal assistant.
- Throw her a baby shower.
- Help her celebrate pregnancy milestones.
How do you cheer someone up on bedrest?
10 Ways to Cheer Someone Up on Bed Rest
- DVD Marathon. Does your friend have a favorite guilty-pleasure show?
- Scrapbook Making.
- Mini Manicures.
- Tight Knitting.
- Guilty-Pleasure Reads.
- Fresh Flowers.
- Puzzling Puzzles.
- Comfort-Food Queen.
What can I send my friend on bed rest?
Gifts for Someone on Pregnancy Bed Rest
- Pedicure or manicure. If you know how to give pedicures or manicures, gift your friend with a manicure set and a spa day.
- Body pillow.
- Food gift basket.
- Coloring book.
- Spa gift basket.
- New book series.
- Luxury sheet set.
- Video streaming subscription.
What should I put in a maternity care package?
DIY Pregnancy Care Package Tutorial
- Prenatal Vitamins and a Pill Organizer.
- Antacids and Sensitive Toothpaste.
- Sleep Mask and Nightlight.
- Water Bottle, Ginger Candy, and Saltine Crackers.
- Face Masks.
- Comfy Pajamas and Slippers.
- Magazines, a Netflix Gift Card, and a Baby Name Book.
Can you do laundry on bed rest?
Usually you are told not to do laundry, not lift any heavy items (or children), and not vacuum or scrub the floors. There may be an extra order of pelvic rest, as part of your MBR, and that just means no intercourse of any type.
How do you entertain someone on bed rest?
9 Totally Awesome Things to do for Someone on Bed Rest
- Watch their kids.
- Cook them a meal.
- Bring/send her a care package.
- Clean her house (or pay someone to do it)
- Keep up with her.
- Spa Day.
- Check out her Amazon Wishlist.
- Have a girls night OFTEN.
What can I send my pregnant friend in the hospital?
25 Special Gifts For Pregnant Women
- 1) Pregnancy Pillow. Being pregnant is not always easy or comfortable!
- 2) Yoga Ball.
- 3) Hospital-Bag Goodies.
- 4) Newborn Arrival Gift Set.
- 5) Sonogram Art.
- 6) Sonogram Christmas Ornament.
- 7) Pregnancy Journal.
- 8) Planner.
How do you pamper a pregnant woman?
Here are 10 wonderful ways to pamper your pregnant body while you’re expecting!…Keep track of your food cravings.
- Get a pregnancy massage.
- Spare no expense for exercise.
- Indulge in a pedicure.
- Go to bed early.
- Enjoy a weekend nap.
- Buy a pretty maternity nightgown.
- Experiment with food.
- Hire a housekeeper.
What do you get a new mother after birth?
35 Useful and Unique Gifts for New Moms
- Professional Photo Shoot. Photographs of a newborn baby become lifelong treasured family mementos.
- Food Deliveries. Food of any kind will be appreciated.
- Notes of Encouragement.
- The Gift of Long Showers.
- Pretty Pajamas.
- Nursing Tops.
- Baby & Mommy Yoga Class.
- Date Night Certificate.
What can you not do while on bed rest?
In most cases, bed rest will require that you avoid lifting, exercising, or any strenuous activity.
Can you sit in a chair while on bed rest?
If your healthcare provider has advised you to rest most of the time, the following activity guidelines may apply to you. Permitted activities: Short walk to the bathroom. Sitting in a chair up to 1 hour.
What activities can you do on bed rest?
If your bed rest occurs for a long period of time, it is important to discuss exercises or activities that you are allowed to do to keep your blood circulating….“Do’s” and “Don’t’s” during bed rest:
- Light chores.
- Bath or shower.
- Sexual intercourse.
What do you get someone who is immobile?
Gifts for a Bedridden Older Adult
- Tea/coffee sampler. For those you know who love coffee or tea, get them an extra special fancy sampler of coffees or teas.
- Microplush blanket.
- Foot massager.
- Bedside shelf.
- Neck or back massager.
- Personalized pillows.
- Bedside storage caddy.
- Favorite candy.
What is in a bump box?
Each Bump Box features a curated collection of full-sized bath, beauty, home, maternity, gourmet food products and more that are catered to your stage of pregnancy. Did you catch that? Full sized products! No tiny samples here!
How do you spoil a pregnant mother?
12 ways husbands can spoil their pregnant wives
- Show affection.
- Empathise with her.
- Get involved.
- Satisfy her food cravings.
- Give her a massage.
- Let her sleep.
- Shop for baby essentials.
- Buy her a pregnancy pillow.
What do you put in a mom’s survival kit?
Every mom needs a “New Mom Survival Kit” for post delivery, whether it’s your first, second or fifth baby!…The Not-So-Practical Yet Important Items For Your New Mom Survival Kit
- Coffee + coffee mug.
- Wine + a wine glass.
- Lip balm.
- Makeup remover/face cleansing wipes or Face Halo pads.
- BB cream.
- Dry shampoo.
Can you clean while on bed rest?
The Cleveland Clinic noted that activities lasting longer than one hour are against the rules when you’re on bed rest, too. That includes simple things like bathing, cleaning, cooking, and can even include sitting up, depending on the recommendation of your OB-GYN.