How do I connect XBee to Arduino Uno?
Just hook up the XBee module to the Explorer board and plug it with the laptop using USB cable. If you don’t have any converter or explorer board, then an Arduino board can be used as a USB to serial device which can easily communicate with the XBee and laptop.
How do I use XBee modules?
Follow the steps below:
- Plug your XBee into your XBee Explorer, and plug the Explorer into your computer.
- Open XCTU.
- Hit Test/Query to make sure you can communicate with your XBee WiFi.
- Click over to the “Modem Configuration” tab.
- Select “Active Scan” near the top of the scrolling window.
How do I connect two XBee?
Connect two XBee modules to your computer using the USB cables….Optional: Add a radio module
- Click the Add a radio module specifying the port settings button .
- In the Add radio device dialog, select the COM port for the device you want to add.
- Click Finish.
What is Arduino XBee?
Overview. The Xbee shield allows an Arduino board to communicate wirelessly using Zigbee. It is based on the Xbee module from MaxStream. The module can communicate up to 100 feet indoors or 300 feet outdoors (with line-of-sight).
What is the difference between ZigBee and XBee?
XBee is a family of radio modules and is a registered trademark of Digi International. Zigbee is a wireless communications protocol and a registered trademark of the Zigbee Alliance. Many people confuse these two names because both are involved in radio networking and have “Bee” in their branding.
How do I program my XBee?
- Step 1: Download X-CTU Software. The X-CTU software is free to download and provides a simple interface to configure and update your XBee transceivers.
- Step 2: Put together your XBee breakout board.
- Step 3: Configure 1st XBee as a coordinator.
- Step 4: Configure 2nd XBee as Router.
- Step 5: Test the configuration.
How do I transfer data from one XBee to another?
Sending data to another module
- Create an XBee object.
- Initialize the XBee.
- Send data to remote device(s)
- Return values.
How far can XBee communicate?
The Digi XBee SX 868/900 includes DigiMesh and can be configured for a range of 65 miles.
What is XBee Arduino?
Why is XBee so expensive?
Zigbee devices are typically more expensive because they have to comply with various specifications from the Zigbee Alliance – giving rise to various subtle benefits compared to non-Zigbee devices. 1) What is Zigbee? 3.2) 2) A Mesh Network. 3.3) 3) Energy Consumption.
How do I connect XBee to Arduino Nano?
Connect VCC (pin 1) of XBee module to 3.3V of Arduino Nano and GND (pin 10) of XBee to GND of Arduino Nano. These two connections make up for powering the transmitting side XBee module. Connect Dout (pin 2) to D2 of Arduino Nano and Din (pin 3) to D3 of Arduino Nano.
Is XBee a Bluetooth?
Digi XBee® 3 RF modules support BLE, which allows you to connect XBee 3 modules with other Bluetooth-capable devices such as mobile devices or sensors, as well as development of applications that use Bluetooth beaconing.